HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Quotes Of The Day 53

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Arabella
member baru

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2007-03-19

PostSubject: Quotes Of The Day 53   Mon 2 Jul 2007 - 18:29

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe. -- Alexander Graham Bell

Stillness is what creates love. Movement is what creates life. To be still and still moving-this is everything. -- Do Hyun Choe

... A human activity having for its purpose the transmission of the highest and best feelings to which men have risen. (on the purpose of art). -- Leo Tolstoy (1828-1910) Russian Novelist

"Once the 'what' is decided, the 'how' always follows. We must not make the 'how' an excuse for not facing and accepting the 'what.'" -- Pearl S. Buck

"Far away in the sunshine are my highest inspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see the beauty, believe in them and try to follow where they lead." -- Louisa May Alcott

Singing has always seemed to me the most perfect means of expression. It is so spontaneous. And after singing, I think the violin. Since I cannot sing, I paint. -- Georgia O'Keeffe

"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving." -- Dale Carnegie

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved. -- Helen Keller

"I hope I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man." -- George Washington

Pain insists upon being attended to. God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our consciences, but shouts in our pains. It is his megaphone to rouse a deaf world. -- C.S. Lewis

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Quotes Of The Day 53
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1